Week 1: Foundation (1)
week is our introduction to the course.
- Get oriented.
- Start thinking about requirements, design, and architecture
for computer networks.
- Get started with Emulab.
- Experiment with some important network application
Monday, January 19: Introduction; a network game
Wednesday, January 21: Requirements & architecture
the following questions. Send your answers in the body of
an email to me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
by 11 a.m. Please use "
CSC-364 01-21" as the
subject line of your email.
(NB - today's reading is a bit heavier than normal - I will not usually
assign 30 pages from the textbook plus an RFC!)
- How is Monday's game connected with today's reading?
- Who is Vint Cerf?
- Is it a good idea to mix humor with technical
- What is the most important thing that you learned from the
- What's a question you still have about the reading?
- About how long did you spend on each reading?
Friday, January 23: Labs 1 & 2
Created January 16, 2009
Last revised January 23, 2009