Provides an index of major assignments in the course. Links to more detailed information will appear as the work is assigned.
- Beginning my liberal education. Described in weekly
assignment sheet for Week 0.
- Reflections on transportation technology.
Reflections on communication technology.
- First draft due 5 p.m., Monday, October 6
- Second draft due 5 p.m., Wednesday, October 29
Reflections on my learning.
- First draft due 5 p.m., Wednesday, November 12
- Second draft due 5 p.m., Wednesday, November 26
- Due at a date and time of your choice during finals week.
Anatomy of a
of research interest.
Refined topic and sources.
- Due 5 p.m., Tuesday, September 23
- Due 5 p.m., Monday, October 13
Thesis and opening paragraph.
- Due 5 p.m., Wednesday, November 5
- Due 5 p.m., Wednesday, November 19
- One-on-one rehearsals on/around December 2
- Presentations on December 5 and 9
- Field notes.
- Each student will write at least two field notes, at least one turned in before fall break.
- Each student will serve as a discussion leader for the class on two dates to be determined.
- Academic honesty exercises.
- Practice citation in three different styles.
Created August 21, 2008
Last revised September 17, 2007