Since this course focuses on leadership in an software development environment, you are expected to read at least one book on the topic. These are some suggestions, but you are free to propose another. Check with your instructor to see if your selected reading is acceptable.
Note: some of the suggested books are about leadership in general rather than strictly focused on software development.
Possible books and articles:
- Coaching Agile Teams by Lyssa Adkins
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box by the Arbinger Institute
- On Becoming a Leader by Warren Bennis
- Fun Retrospectives by Paulo Caroli and Tainã Caetano available at: https://leanpub.com/funretrospectives/c/caroli-org
- The Dark Side of Agile Software Development, a paper by Andrea James and Giancarlo Succi available at: http://darkagilemanifesto.org/dark-side-of-agile-janes-succi-splash-2012.pdf
- Reinventing Organizations by Frederic Laloux
- The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of the Learning Organization by Peter Senge.
- The Great ScrumMaster by Zuzana Sochova
- Scrum Mastery: From Good to Great Leadership by Geoff Watts, Rebecca Traeger, et al.