HW 0 - Who are you? What is going on here?
Due at 10:30pm on Monday, August 31, 2015
Read the syllabus and answer the following questions. Please submit this work to me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject “[CSC-211-01] Homework 0”. Include the text of your responses in the email message, not an attachment.
If you have any issues submitting the work, please email me.
Part A: Who are you?
- What do you like to be called?
- What is your major?
- Who is your advisor?
- What other courses are you taking now? Please provide course numbers
- What do you hope to learn or do in this course?
- What are your concerns about this class?
- What is something important to you outside of academics? Why?
- What questions do you have about me that haven’t already been answered?
Part B: What are we doing here?
- What sentence in the syllabus most surprised you? Why?
- In your own words, what do you need to do to be successful in this class?
- What learning activity do you think will help you the most?
- Why do you think I gave this assignment?
- Do you have any questions about the course that aren’t answered on the course website?
Part C: Important Administrative Tasks
- Sign up for a Significant Bits presentation date on the PioneerWeb Wiki. What is your date?
Don’t forget to send me your topic at least two class periods before your scheduled presentation.
- Confirm that you have read and understood the academic honesty policy for this course.