CSC 321.01, Class 10: Extending your Rails application (1)
- Notes and news
- Upcoming work
- Extra credit
- Work time!
News and notes
- I brought food.
- Alumni mentors visit Wednesday. Please try to clear lunch time, 4pm for their talk, (and 1pm, if possible).
- We’ll talk about code smells and legacy code in a few weeks. I may bring the code I had to work with this weekend. I spent over four hours tracking down a bug (in part because it was so badly designed).
- I think I’ve fixed the schedule.
- Links are to eboards rather than outlines. (Future links don’t work.)
- Changed due dates of assignments.
- Mentor sessions Tuesday and Thursday.
- Hartl 5 due Tuesday at 10:30pm.
- Extend by two days. Please break up your work.
- I still need to find a three-hour block to write that assignment.
- Python people should find an alternative.
- You will have time to work on it on Monday.
- Hartl 6 due Next Tuesday at 10:30pm.
- Extended by a few days. Please break up your work.
Good things to do (Academic/Artistic)
- Two cool shows in the Faulconer.
- Islam week events this week.
- Megan Goering design talk on Tuesday at 7pm.
- Wednesday visitors.
- Deej the movie this Thursday at 7pm in Harris.
Good things to do (Other)
If there’s a missing procedure, it may be from the prior chapter. Sorry.