Things to be thankful for today (and every day)
- My wonderful and supportive wife who impresses me each day with her commitment to helping those around her.
- My three incredible sons, each of which finds his own way to make me proud. I was glad to have two of them home for Thanksgiving.
I wish the third could have been here.
- The forty-five or so years I got with the force of nature that was my mother. I wish we’d had more Thanksgivings together. I’m glad that together and apart, we often found ways to invite others to join us.
- What’s left of my family, including my cousins, who I don’t talk to nearly enough, and my brother- and sister-in-law, who, among other things, are excellent travel companions.
- A group of friends who make me feel like family. This year, I feel particularly thankful for two old friends who visited us in late summer and early fall and the family who invited us for Thanksgiving.
- A job that I enjoy, that lets me make a positive difference to some great young adults, and that compensates me well for those activities.
- Many of those young adults, who make their own difference.
- Live music .
- I have the opportunity to write each day and I have people who read what I write.
- A host of other things that I’m too lazy to write about.
This year, I’m also thankful that I did not have to have the dreaded
political argument with an uncle at Thanksgiving dinner. But then I’m rarely faced with such challenges.
Next year, I hope to add
having all three sons home for Thanksgiving and
hosting another morning of bagel making to the list.
 Recorded music is pretty great, too.
Version 1.0 of 2018-11-22.