Research Opportunities in CS
Professors Autry, Curtsinger, Eliott, and Osera are all hiring summer reserach students through the MAP program. Students who are interested in summer MAPs must complete the Science Division MAP Application by Sunday, February 26th. Some faculty require additional application steps, so please review each faculty member’s research description carefully.
- Policing Bias and Gerrymandering Analysis (Autry)
- Read more at https://www.ericautry.com/summer_grinnell. Separate application required, due Sunday, February 26th. Projects include work appropriate for CS students at any level of experience.
- Intelligent Developer Infrastructure (Curtsinger)
- Read more at https://curtsinger.cs.grinnell.edu/research/summer2023/. Separate application required, due Wednesday, February 22. Some applicants will be invited for in-person interviews after submitting their applications.
- Modeling and Assessing Emotional Processes in Utility-Based Computational Approaches (Eliott)
- Read more at https://elbica.cs.grinnell.edu/activities/. Send responses to Professor Eliott’s application questions by email no later than Friday, February 17.
- Type Systems Research (Osera)
- Read more at https://osera.cs.grinnell.edu/maps/. Applicants must complete two introductory exercises for the Coq proof assistant and send their work no later than Sunday, February 26th.